[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dual Sires (new topic)

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:28:49 -0500 (EST)

I have thought about this a lot. That is always a dangerous thing for  me.

There are not that many great stud dogs that I want to breed my bitch to. I
 think long and hard about who I would want to use, and then who will match
with  my bitch. I study the lines, look at what has been produced, how the
bitches  worked with one dog or another. Then, to be honest, I ask Tedi what
I want to  do.

However, I have never seen a situation where I want to divide a litter in
order to "test" or something the dog or bitch with two males.  I just can't
think of any advantage.  If you get good puppies from one and not the
other, that is no promise it won't be different in the next breeding.

Maybe it is because we at our house usually breed a litter one time every
two years or so. But, if we did more breedings, I would want the biggest
litter  possible from the best bitch to the best male I could find.

Maybe this discussion should begin with a statement as to what advantage
there is in breeding to two males at the same time?  I must be missing
something.

Or, maybe it is like robbing banks. I think it was Dillinger who when asked
 why he robbed banks, he said, because that is where the money is.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 1/22/13 8:18:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
DARLINBOO@xxxxxxx writes:

The  breeding we did with dual sires was with both stud dog owners knowing

and in agreement.   In fact, we did AI's with the younger dog  followed  by
natural breedings with the older dog.   Both  owners were OK with  this.
Interestingly, all pups were  by the older dog and the natural
breedings????