[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dual Futurity entries, hmmmm

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:05:11 -0400

First many thanks to Amy for her hard work, it has been a pleasure to work
with her through this transition period.

It takes time and astute planning to initiate changes in any given system.
Nothing remains  stationery forever - as the economy ebbs and flows, as
breeders, clubs and shows come and go so we must adjust to those changes. We
must be flexible enough to be willing to take a hard look at alternatives.
Change can also cause a little anxiety along the way.  We are making
progress and I am sure, under Amy's leadership, and assistance from her
hard working committee that we will continue to be innovative.  Remember
each rule change, addition, or deletion  must first be brought to the Board
for approval.  The Board will and should want to know "how will this change
be managed, is it beneficial? "  The Board is responsible for overseeing
what is best for our breed and our members.  Over the last few years the
following changes have been made;.

*Reducing the number of specialty matches required to qualify for judging a
Futurity to give
   us more breeders for judges
*Reducing the number of specialty matches with replacement of additional
champions to give
   us more breeders for judges
*Restricting a selected Futurity judge from judging in the Region of that
Futurity for a period
  of 5 months so as not to affect the regional entry.
* The Amateur Futurity - in the 3rd year of an approved 3 year trial period.
The effectiveness
   of this venue is difficult to determine as all Regions did not hold the
venue.
   (it has brought in 5 new young handlers, still needs fine tuning)
* Changes to the amateur Futurity - initially, one could enter in both,
changed to either the
     Regular OR the Amateur
* Changed back to both & a better entry because of that change
* Introduction of the idea of entering two Futurities showing in one.
* Having a club member, Laura Gilbert, take all Futurity nominations.
Previously the
    Superintendent received $8.00 of each litter nominated.  Now all money
from
    litters nominated go to that Region.  Thank you Laura Gilbert for  your
hard work.
* Now a means to implement two entries and show in one Futurity will be
worked out for
    the future .
* Approving a trial for 4 Regions to superintend their own Futurity this
year,  saving each of
   those clubs a big Superintendent fee.  The difficulties in making this
happen
   were overcome by the hard dedicated work of these 4 clubs working
TOGETHER
   TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
* The selection of a new printer for the Futurity Catalogue, resulting in
mistake free
    better quality ads for our advertisers.

Please forward your positive thoughts and suggestions to Amy she will
appreciate your interest and concerns.

Nancy Harper