[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dropped incisors

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rikers123@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:54:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2006 6:43:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Rikers123@xxxxxxx writes:
Dropped  center incisors ââ?¬â?? The two center lower incisors  will be
shorter
than
the others. Sometimes they will tip forward giving the  illusion of a  level
or slightly undershot bite when viewed from the side.

Denise  Groenewald

Thanks Denise!

OK, I had to go look at a few dogs...just as I thought and without  exception
and more noticeable on the bottom jaw, the center two incisors are  ever so
slightly (though noticeably) smaller than the tooth on either side of it
moving out towards the canine teeth.  They aren't tipped forward.   Looking at
the
older dogs who love playing with a deflated basketball <G>  and whose teeth
are worn a bit with age, the size difference is less noticeable  and the teeth
are (worn) more even but no where near level.

I gotta' tell you, lol, this isn't even making it onto my list of things to
consider when choosing breeding pairs;)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_