[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Driving and Flying

  • From: "judy" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>, "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:00:07 -0700

Jaane ....sorry you have had such rough trips leaving Eagle and traveling
all over to dog shows...I would like to point out, that Nationals were to be
held East, Central(not mid west) and West....when you divide the US in
thirds Texas is in the middle of the country,   granted it ids in the south
portion but it is still in the middle.....
I live in Tucson Az...for me to drive to Beaumont, it is a long 2 day
drive(and I have a heavy foot on the gas)
All of you people in the mid west are spoiled...you can get in a car adrive
for 2 hours  in any direction and find a dog show ...If you lived in Tucson
you could drive for 2 hours and get to Phoenix........All other dog shows
are at least 500 miles away...the includes So. California, New Mexico, Las
Vegas....No. California, East Texas, Colorado, Utah are 2 days away.....
You have no idea how happy we are in the west....I have driven to Perry(that
is clear across the country)  St Louis, Mississippi(that is 2 days driving
10-12 hours a day).
It is nice to look forward to these National 2007,2008 & 2010....after years
in Perry
I know my transmission went out on the way home from
Mississippi and I spent 3 days in a motel 6 while the Dodge dealership is a
small town in Texas waited for parts...when I did get my van, I drove
straight through(more than 900 miles)...so I could do my laundy and pack,
because the next day my husband & I were going on vacation....I thought for
sure I was never going to make it back in time.
Judy
judsohngsd@xxxxxxx