[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dried Sweet Potatoes

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

If I give whole sweet potato will the dogs make a mess with it?  Should I use
cut strips or something?  I have not used sweet potato, but it would be good
for them and tighten Bucko's stool too.  With the lupus and the prednisone his
gut is just not right.  He is on enzyme, but I think potato would help too.

  BTW, thanks for mentioning it!!!!
  sheial
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Until I saw them appearing recently in dog food, I thought that
potatoes were bad for dogs.........and now I'm reconsidering....
tomorrow I will buy some sweets and see how the dogs like 'em. I
wouldn't have thought they were that hard...but maybe those
yankee sweets are different from what we have here? Are yams the same
thing? I don't like 'em, so don't really know....
All my kids like oranges, but I never tried grapefruit........
Peggy

Leashlady1@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I use fresh Sweet Potatoes.. my guys love them and sit down and gnaw on them
>with pleasure.. Matter of fact that was the main course on Soot 12th Birthday
>party the whole kennel enjoyed them, now she also had some grapefruit sections
>not many were thrilled with that but Sooty was........
>also use fresh bones from the meat cutter

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.