[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dremel

  • From: Schipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:57:29 EDT

In a message dated 4/4/2005 6:39:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have been wanting to use a dremel for nails for quite some time. Anyways i
am looking and there are different ones........whats the best?
There is a mini mite and then there is the newest cordless 10.8 V  (and may
others in between).....................which one do users out there think is
the best one to purchase. Or does it even matter? Thanks AMY
Dremel, I believe, is a brand name, and the one that most of the peopel I
know use, is large, and you have to buy a "wand attachment".  This is similar
what the manicurists use.  That way, you plug the "tool" part in, and suspend
the actual tool iteself somewhere nearby, and only have to hold the tip of the
"wand" in your hand to grind with.  This cuts down on the noise as the motor
is not in the dog's face, and also is much easier to manipulate.
I bought one of the nice "cordless dremels", small as I could find, and just
couldn't hold it and grind the nails at the same time.

Good luck!

Lynn

Lynn Brown - (562) 428-9832
Angelsgate Schipperke Rescue - Ebonystar Schipperkes (and GSD Viper)
www.angelsgaterescue.com