[ SHOWGSD-L ] Doubling, training etc.

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:01:02 -0600

The doubling stuff is a GSD exclusive and I've shared my feelings concerning
same.
They are just too darn smart to have any interest in blah blah round and round
with
no sheepies or what ever.   Sheila's mentioning the actual "training" for
either bait or
general stuff reminds me of the stallions!  We'd train them, as she said, using
different piece of equipment for breeding than for showing or out riding etc.
It does
work too.    I used to chuckle when they'd get the breeding halter & lead out,
those
big horses knew!   This is a good idea and it'll work if the animal is
familiarized with
each piece of equipment.      The 3 Ts - Time, Talent & Training will do it!
They are really wild in Germany I understand with that doubling stuff according
to all I've heard.  There may be something about being TOO SMART!   It isn't
usually too bad with our specialty shows compared to the ABs;  but this just
seemed to be like a trap or something.    Well, since they are GSDs they'll
learn, we just need to be good teachers.   I don't like to bait as I like the
dog to
like me for being ME and not that I'm just a feed sack.                   Norma
no L