[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Doubling

  • From: Debby Jass <debby@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:48:54 -0500

Cindy, my dogs like to go after my cat, also (to play with, not to
kill).  So, when I'm playing with the cat while the dogs are around,
I'll make all kinds of meowing sounds.  The dogs are smart and know
exactly what I'm doing.  Sometimes in the ring, if I can't get Gunner's
attention or if I want a more alert look than what I'm getting, I'll
meow at him.  That usually gets him going!  Maybe your dog will do the
same...something to try at least.

Another thing I'll try if Gunner's not baiting on food is ask, "Where's
Annie?" in a real excited voice.  That usually gets him looking for his
playmate.

Good luck!
Debby