[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Doubling

  • From: Cinosam GSD's <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone ever used a live animal besides another dog to double.  I sold a dog
that prefers to casually trot along side his handler and no amount of bells,
whistles name calling or threats seem to motivate him to do otherwise.

He has never met a cat he doesn't want to kill however, so we got the bright
idea of doubling using one.  I'm just wondering how long we could get away with
it before we got kicked off the show grounds.

Cindy
MARILEE WILKINSON <marifiori@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Whatever you decide to use, this is the trick that I use to get them used to
and tuned into the object. I always use bells of some kind. Sometimes I tie
several different kinds together. The "usual" large jingle bells with cow
bells, etc., so that there is a "different" sound. But I ALWAYS start training
them when I first start feeding them. I ALWAYS ring the bells, then put their
food down for them to eat. It's amazing how fast they learn.....and they never
forget.

Life may not be the party we hoped for~~~but while we are here, we might as
well dance. Marilee and Mari-Fiori Shepherds , Home to AM CH/CAN SEL CH
Mari-Fiori's Ruffian of Judeen, HIC, OFA, AM/CAN CH Mari-Fiori's BoldRuler
Judeen,OFA, CH Mari-Fiori's Winning Colors,TT OFA Member of GSDC St.Louis since
1985, Member GSDCA since 1977

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original