[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Double Handling

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 00:18:37 -0400 (EDT)

I now understand doubling. Not only because of the below post, but it helped.

I am saying that the next time anyone sees me relaxing in a "good" spot , you
best leave me be. I'm tired of being told to MOVE MOVE MOVE . I won't be made
to feel as though I should move.

And don't take any live critters, because I WILL screw/trip you up. *wink*

Colleen Donnelly
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx wrote:
I think its important to note that even those of us who do not mind doubling
will offer no excuses or defense for anyone who bashes into, elbows, or shoves
another person, whether they are doubling at the time or not. I won't deny
that sort of thing has happened, but it is not the act of double handling that
causes it. It is carelessness on the part of the person doing the bashing. I
also do not condone a doubler stepping in front of people who are seated
watching the show, and I've been known to tell them to move when they blocked
my
view.
At the same time, the walkways in Perry have always been policed and cleared
as well as possible. The reason has nothing to do with doubling. It is done
by order of the Fire Marshal if I'm not mistaken. Personally, I was
frustrated many times while trying to get to my seat, having to dodge and wait
for the
hundreds of people who were standing in the aisle. I did not see many people
in wheel chairs though. I also saw very few people who appeared to be looking
for a seat. Most of them were standing there, leaning on the rail, watching
the show. If any of those folks were run into, they deserve fifty percent of
the blame.
Tom Langlitz

In a message dated 5/16/2005 12:08:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
Halwend@xxxxxxx writes:
The Scene: The Nationals in Perry, Ga., BOB Day. Excitement High. Hall cro
wded with people milling around in the walkways. There are loud
whistles--Cow Bells--Yells and Screams. Onlookers and visitors stand in the
walkways
looking for their seats. Wham! The bodies come flying around the walkways
bells, whistles, squeakers, and God knows what flying in every direction.
Visitors, elderly, handicapped were not notified or aware of what was happe
ning and
that nothing and nobody WOULD BE TOLERATED in those walkways.

Some, the unaware, stood stunned and trying to find a safe spot were simply
bashed into, shoved and elbowed from the routes being demanded. Was anyone
really hurt?
Well, just what were those people doing there in the first place?
Possibly some dropped by just to see what a dog show was all about.

_Halwend@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Halwend@xxxxxxx)
Marion

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz