[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Don't read if you don't want my opinion

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:29:27 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2007 4:20:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
It  is not me who advertises the WDA with attack work. I used to get  the
magazine, and it was all about attack work. It sold attack  suits, showed
dogs
attacking, and advertised how hard they  bit, and how long they held.  It is
the
WDA that equates  their work with attack, not me.

Along with this thought it takes me back to a situation at the  national in
Concord.  There was a van there that had a wheel cover  showing a GSD attacking
a man.  A young couple with their son were  standing looking at it in the
parking lot, not saying a lot, so I asked  them their thoughts.   They lived in
the area and saw that the  show was there, were considering a GSD pup, and
thought they would come  and look around.   Their concerns (and they had not
been
inside  yet) was if this is what they were going to be seeing, they did not
want  to take their son inside, nor did they want to come in.
I assured them in the conformation ring, they would not be coming in  to
seeing dogs attacking people, but that some people did this as sport.  Believe
me,
they were not impressed.
They stood for awhile after I passed and I saw them walking towards  the
building.  Hope they did come in, hope their impression was  better from the
"inside".  Hope they got a good pup.
BUT I was very concerned of the image for the  unknowing...............our
dogs must be perceived as more but the image  was quite damaging to say the
least.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC  of Beaumont, Life member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large group of  professionals built the  Titanic"