[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don't read if you don't want my opinion

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:53:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/07 8:58:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Falkrigia
writes:
Information is one thing. Presenting your 'case' outside of the  appropriate
venue is quite another.

None of it is "my case".  Only David Landau or Ken can present their  case. I
don't have a  case.

When it's done in this manner, people get all in an uproar over one side  of
a story and over things

I have seen no uproar, unless this post is one. I have seen a number of
opinions.  Saying something such as "people get all in an uproar" does not
make
it true.

that should be handled in the  appropriate forum, not on a chat list.

Why would that be?  The purpose of a List such as this is to discuss
situations, get ideas and exchange opinions.  I see this as an "appropriate
forum"
and a good way to exchange information.

Things get out of hand, feelings  get hurt, reputations get damaged, etc, etc
 ,etc.

I don't see anyone whose feelings are hurt, and I certainly don't think
anything due to posting has gotten out of hand.  Statements such as this  are
fun
to make, but again, that does not make them true.

That needs to be avoided. When  the FACTS of the case - not just one side of
the story - are determined in a  legal manner, then is the time for
information to be disseminated as most  people on this list have no dealings
with WDA.

Many of those on this List do have dealings with WDA. And, maybe some of
those who haven't might want to join when they hear about the facts. If anyone
who is involved has another idea or has other "facts" they  can present  them.
I have only presented what I know, so that others can respond.

It is not the place to try to equate the WDA with 'attack dogs' and that  is
completely out of line.

It is not me who advertises the WDA with attack work. I used to get the
magazine, and it was all about attack work. It sold attack suits, showed dogs
attacking, and advertised how hard they bit, and how long they held.  It is
the
WDA that equates their work with attack, not me.

There are always two sides to every controversy. I think if any part of  the
picture is to be presented, both sides should be - but in the proper  forum.

Again, this is proper forum. I invite anyone with another side to let us
know what is going on. I know the facts that have been proven to me. The other
side, assuming there is another side, should and could do the same.  I  would
invite anyone who has another side to present it, not complain that no one  is
giving it out.

For the best interests of ALL  involved. These are all long-time GSD people
who have worked hard and  diligently over the years for this breed, the GSDCA
and the WDA.
NONE OF THEM need to be torn apart in a public forum with innuendo,
half-truths and one side of a legal issue.

Again, I have not heard innuendo or half-truths. If there is another half,
make it. If there is another side, tell us. We are entitled to anything that
involves the welfare of our dogs, and we should invite all information. We have
 listened to the stories to attack dogs, we have listened to the problems of
health, and now we are listening to the problems of the WDA.  If someone
knows more or the "other half" let's hear it.

I do not see this being done by the other side of this  issue.

And, that is what is interesting. Either there is no other side, or no one
wants to stand up and state it.  That does raise a question, but one that I
cannot answer.  Were I able to, I would.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together