[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don't forget California now.........

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:11:53 -0400

shared by Peggy
We are all overwhelmed by the disaster wrought by Katrina, but while we are
dealing with it, there is an urgent need to assist dog fanciers in
California with your fax if you are a resident. This is our last shot at
killing this bill which will eventually hurt ALL dog breeders in California.
Please take a minute to act now! Send your fax and then cross post

   From: "T. Dante DeAngelis" <hiransom@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: We Need 1,000 Californians Minimum - Now!

SB 861 has gone to the Governor's office for him to sign the bill or veto
it.

We have a chance for a veto.

Senator Speier is planning to run for state-wide office, probably for
Lieutenant Governor. Senator Tom McClintock, our prime spokesman on the
floor of the Senate the other day, is also planning to run for the same
position. McClintock does not want to give to Senator Speier the ability to
trumpet 861 as a major legislative accomplishment in that election.

BUT it is going to take many Californians to get involved. The Governor
needs to see as many California addresses as possible on these next letters.

When you use the LobbyNow tool you will be sending a fax letter to Governor
Schwarzenegger.

An additional copy will be sent to me and another to Jeff Helsdon so we can
watch for any problems.

The LobbyNow tool will generate many different versions of letters. What is
presented to will usually be different than what is presented to someone
else. It will randomly display a small number of the available Talking Point
Groups. The next person using the tool will see different selection of
Groups.

Your fax needs to be no longer of one page! When you add your own comments
you must keep the one page limit in mind. If you have a lot of your
comments, that great! In that case, don't choose any Talking Points.

Adding something in your own words will let the Governor know, for certain,
that each of these faxes are coming from YOU! Your letter to the Governor
can make all the difference!

Pick up the phone and call your fellow Californians and ask them if they
have used the tool to send their letter.
Non-Californians should use the tool also but consider excluding your
mailing address.

We need more participation from California voters to put SB 861 to sleep!

Here is the link to the tool:

 http://dpca.lobbynow.com/issues?SB861Governor

Regards,

Dante DeAngelis