[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don't ever forget it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:12:43 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2007 2:25:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The AKC  does not need (although they may want) people
on their board that will  rubber stamp anything that the AKC management
decides they want to  do

Absolutely, 100% wrong. That is just what the AKC does want.

I support the AKC, and will always do so. However, when I was head of the
South West trial board, I found against the AKC. They, in violation of their
own
 rules, voted to overturn my board's decision and to suspend the accused.
Then  they told me that they were suspending the South West Trial Board as they
no  longer needed it, and thanked me for my service.

Within a few months they re-established the South West Trial Board, with a
new head judge.  They also did the same thing with Kathy Casteel's Trial  Board
when she found against the AKC at a hearing.

I have no problem with that, and understand that they don't want a fair
hearing, they want a board to support whatever they say.  One of my judge
members
said at the end of the hearing, "Even if they don't have the evidence,  we
still have to support the AKC and vote in their favor."   I can't  conduct a
hearing that way.

The AKC is also a private organization, and can do what they want.  I  may
not agree with them in all things, but I do support them and what they  do.  In
general they do the right thing, but at times, such as the puppy  mills, or
Mr. Hunte, they do what they feel they have to do.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together
http://www.aol.com.