[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don't even ask me

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 19:54:27 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2009 10:49:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It's discourteous to
the dogs, the breed and the breeders who are relying  on them to help them
know which dogs are the good ones, so it can help them  decide on breeding
partners.

If you have to depend on the judges to tell you what to do, you are  in big
trouble.

The requirement of becoming a judge is not success.  It means a number  of
years in the breed, a few champions and being personable.  It says  nothing
about your knowledge or intelligence.

If you are waiting for the judges to advise you, then you might as well
just let someone else make up your mind.

I don't tell anyone who is the good dog, I just tell them who I believe is
the closest to the standard.  It is up to the breeders to decide who to
breed to.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/