[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dont blame me!

  • From: Anne Utter <rautt75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:07:06 -0500

Ed, could it be like the proverbial "hot dog stand?" They guy was doing well
with his hot dog stand and making money.  His son told him he should expand,
enlarge etc. and make more money. So he did,  the customers fell off - too
expensive for what they got etc.  Anyway, The higher the dues, the less can
join.  Maybe this is why membership falls off?   A membership drive among the
regional/local clubs to join the PC might help and the dues wouldn't need to be
raised.
Anne, GA

Sent from Anne's iPad

> On Dec 30, 2014, at 1:13 PM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> No it's not simple,and again I understand that the 66 bucks  per year fee is
> NOT easy for many. during the mid 80's I had to drop my membership for
> several years because of alimony and child support. But the reality still
> exists that to continue to move this club forward and continue to fund club
> activities how can we NOT raise dues..... Of course perhaps if we had new
> leaders with new ideas perhaps we could cut costs and still continue pays
> dues at the currant level ( did I just slip in a plug for term limits lol) So
> Carolyn believe me I understand! I have a mother living in assisted nursing
> care and part of her monthly bill is being paid my me! And I'm retired. And
> everybody out there has financial issues and we all have to make choices! So
> if the club can continue to charge 66 bucks a year with the currant
> activities and services that's great, I just don't understand how. Ed
is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html