[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don't assume your vet is always honest.

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:23:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/2007 11:58:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cheryllclay@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I worked  as a surgery tech for many many years and it was truly a rare
occasion a dog  died due to a reaction to anesthesia. Jen was present when she
lost
her baby  so there is no denying what happened to her dog. I have one of
Lahela's son's  and my heart goes out to her. I hate to think anyone is making
her
feel as  though she didn't take the right precautions or did an unnecessary
procedure.
I would like to discuss dogs that we are "told" have died from a "reaction
to anesthesia".

This tweeked my interest because of something that happened to me last  week.

I just talked to another of our great dog friends who has deveopled cancer.
I will let him tell you, I didn't ask if I could. But, he wanted to talk to me
 about chemo, and what to expect.

When I had chemo, the oncologist ignored my complaints, and kept shinning  me
on. Lots of people have chemo, and died. Everyone says, "well, they died of
cancer, the chemo didn't work." That isn't always true.

It turned out, that I was alergic to the chemo, and it would have killed  me,
had I not insisted they stop.The doctors never told me this was a
possibility and had I not spoken up, they would have continued until I was
dead.

In all medical treatment, for your dogs, or yourself, always questions what
is going on.  That also applies to lawyers.  It is not always  dishonesty, but
at times, a lack of listening, and a desire to move on to the  next patient
or client.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together