[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dogs and Bunnies

  • From: Kelly Johnsen <kellytsi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:08:49 -0700

I had a foster ex-racing greyhound that I could only let off-lead in a fenced
enclosure. I found a really nice old field from a closed school where I used to
take my greyhound and husky mix dogs, before I got my GSD. One day I had let
out the dogs and got them onto the field, when the grey took off like a bat out
of hell. I have never seen a dog move so fast ever.  A rabbit had taken off,
and the grey chased it to a part of the fence that was a gate. The grey went
under the gate and I heard an awful tearing sound. He gave up pretty quickly
and came back all full of himself, but the raincoat he was wearing was torn to
shreds all down his back. I went to look at the gate and realized it was
wrapped in strands of barbed wire. I thanked heavens that I had put his coat on
that morning, he could have run his bare skin through the barbed wire. I found
a new field to let them run.