[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dogs On bed?

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:43:57 EDT

People can change their ways.  I grew up with a dog on by bed from  about age
3.  I am used to it.  When I got married, my, now  ex-husband, had rules.  No
dogs on the furniture or the bed.  He never  had a pet growing up and I grew
up on a ranch.  Well, it didn't take the  dogs too long to change his mind.
He is a musician, was in a band and did  studio work.  Our sleep schedules were
totally different.  I'd come  home from work and find him out like a light
with 2 dogs sprawled out on the bed  with him.  He may have been a jerk in
other
ways but he grew to love the  dogs.  He even rescued a Basset a few years
ago.  The dog is spoiled  rotten, lol!  My dogs have the run of the house.
There
is only one  room they are not allowed.  That is the guest bedroom.  They do
not  violate that.  But I want all my dogs to be able to be good citizens in
the  house.  My floors and furniture are chosen to accomodate them.  I have
outside dogs who really prefer to be outside.  But, they are also great in  the
house.  They enjoy their inside time.  It really is what works  best for each
family.  JMHO

_Laura Thomas_ (http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/)
_www.treasureranchgsds.com_ (http://www.treasureranchgsds.com)

In a message dated 8/28/2006 9:22:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But when  I was a kid my GSD was only allowed in the kitchen, never on my
mothers  hardwood floors and oriental carpets! after I was Married my dog
stayed  with my mother  as that was his home and she would have been totally
alone. I went home to visit my mother and who was laying on the oriental
carpet like the king of England? MY dog!  my mother had changed her  way of
thinking I guess?????
Emilie