[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dogs Of Extinction

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:27:22 EDT

For the rest of this interesting article and more, please go to:
http://hestekinhills.com/dogsofextinction.htm
Dogs Of Extinction

DNA testing and fossil examinations show that dogs originated possibly as far
as 150,000 years ago.  Paintings of the Pharaoh Hound date way back to
3000-4000 B.C.  Dogs were around in Bible days because they are mention in
bible
passages.  There is evidence that thousands of years ago man had selected
different breeds distinguished by their size and morphology, making it clear
that man
has been raising different kinds of dogs according to what he needed for
hunting, shepherding, herding, defending, guarding, sledding, pulling, or just
play with his children. The genetic structure of the dog has been manipulated
for thousands of years by man, man searching for the perfect breed that
matches certain needs.  Breeders work to improve health, physical structure,
quality, temperaments and intelligence.  Lately it seems that the only people
who
care about the future of the purebred dogs are the breeders who raise them. We
have somehow revolutionized into a generation where many feel we no longer have
a need for dogs, therefore the purebred dog is in great danger of extinction.
Realistically it has taken thousands of years to create our 300+ breeds so
the thought that it will only take 10-15 years to undo all of this work is
astonishing.

           *   What a shame it is to think that there may no longer be
purebred dogs.

          *   What a shame it is to think that our 300 + gorgeous breeds to
choose from may no longer be in our future.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.