[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dogs, Buckets and Tiddly Winks

  • From: Mary Tripp <mtripp4113@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnlfgsd@xxxxxxxxx, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 21:42:21 -0500

Get Lixits from Revival. Always fresh water no more scrubbing buckets.

Switched over about 5 years ago. Best thing I every did.

Mary
At 08:26 PM 8/17/2015, Patrick Green wrote:

Carolyn I wonder the same thing nearly every day. I,....... I want their water to be clean and crystal clear! They sure don't seem to care. But while I am cleaning buckets the older ones all have to come up and drink the clean water and give me the look like "it's about time!" "We've been stuck drinking that old nasty water that Stevie Ray has been playing in all day!" The truth is that they could give a rat's a**. And at six months Stevie Ray is so proud of himself because he can drink out of the hose. No really! He can! Probably the most talented dog on the planet, just ask him! And he has to show me multiple times while I am scrubbing buckets. It's not like he's in the way or anything so I feel privileged to get to see such an amazing feat. Shame Ed Sullivan's not on any more, we could go on and Stevie could show the world. Yep, drinks right out of the hose. It's something. Tell me again, who's in charge?
Patrick

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Carolyn Martello <<mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While scrubbing water buckets this morning and re-filling them with fresh clean water I began

to question why do we care so much, or bother that the dogs have clear water and their buckets

and bowls are clean and free of any  'swamp water scum' ?   They sure don't care!!  Â

Within hours, our dogs can make the water in their buckets look like we are incubating another

German Shepherd Dog in there!! Â Â Â Â THEY seem fine with it.

They ALL Â love to drop their bones in the water when they are through with them..and anything

else they can find. You never know what will dump out.  Cowboy loves to stand in the water

while he drinks. ( he learned that when herding ) Â Guess how long HIS water stays crystal clear!!

( Â does THIS question fall under "complaining"..... )Â <G>

Also...I SWEAR some deliberately hold water in their mouths to come over for a pet and drop

it in my lap!   Now that IS a complaint!! <G>

With their dinner bowls ....it's a whole other game. Â Â Â Rainy MUST move her bowl full of dinner at

least three feet or more from where I placed it before she eats.  It MUST be moved!   Another

one MUST flip it over and scatter the food all over the place and eat it scattered ...our old girl

wraps her front legs around it and eats laying down...and our two big males eat it so quickly they

seem to forget I fed them by the time I've fed the other three.  Our 4 mos. male pups seem to

play all around and IN the bowl while eating.   ( I'll pray for their new owners! )   <G>

Also MOST of our dogs love flipping the bowl around like a tiddly wink on the cement when it is

empty....or batting it around like a soccer ball.   We've had people visiting look confused when

they ask, and we explain its just the sound of GSD tiddly wink games coming from the back yard

area.<G>Â Â Â If they ever have 'tiddly wink'Â competition at the National......WE'RE IN!!

Carolyn <mailto:marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.marhaven.com

Patrick GreenÂ
<mailto:grnlfgsd@xxxxxxxxx>grnlfgsd@xxxxxxxxx