[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog stories

  • From: "irrenhaus4" <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "New Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:29:01 -0800

When Scootie shipped me a German boy named Zunder v Donauberg in 1970, the
airport in Reno was very small and everyone in the terminal gathered around to
see this handsome fellow. He was friendly, calm and dignified.
I put him in the back of my Volkswagen bug and we headed up I-80 to Lake Tahoe,
where we lived at the time.  Suddenly he put his head beside mine, and asked if
I would open the window.  He saw water, pine trees and other things that must
have seemed familiar, as he was from Northern Germany.

When I got home with him, Herb came to the car and asked for a leash so he
could walk him around.  "He doesn't need a leash", I said.  "He is home again".
 And it was true.  He moved in and adopted us all instantly.  He lived to be 14
and never ever did anything that was wrong or mean-spirited. He never had a
fight; he had such presence he never needed to prove anything. He was that
perfect companion and family dog.  I wish I had him now. Doris Estabrook