[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog saves life

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx, d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:49:40 EDT

In a message dated 3/28/2007 8:19:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx writes:
David  Fritsche <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In a refreshing  diversion from the dog bites man theme.......

Owner says dog saved her  with 'Heimlich'
Wed Mar 28, 4:54 AM ET

CALVERT, Md. - Toby, a  2-year-old golden retriever, saw his owner
choking on a piece of fruit and  began jumping up and down on the
woman's chest. The dog's owner believes  the dog was trying to perform
the Heimlich maneuver and saved her  life.

Debbie Parkhurst, 45, of Calvert told the Cecil Whig she was  eating an
apple at her home Friday when a piece lodged in her throat. She
attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on herself but it didn't
work. After she began beating on her chest, she said Toby noticed and
got involved.

"The next think I know, Toby's up on his hind feet  and he's got his
front paws on my shoulders," she recalled. "He pushed me  to the
ground, and once I was on my back, he began jumping up and down on  my
chest."

That's when the apple dislodged and Toby started licking  her face to
keep her from passing out, she  said.

Anyone want to work on this and nominate for PET HERO DOG ?? Helen  Miller
Fisher