[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog problem

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: judsohngsd@xxxxxxx, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 13:04:43 -0700 (PDT)

Put them on lead and teach them to "say Hi" to all incoming traffic.  Praise
them for being correct and social, and physically force them to be civil and
allow themselves to be petted after they get a sniff.

  Praising them for allowing new people to pet them after they come in the door
will work.  Also, so that you can have the dog on lead before company comes,
have a set up and have them call when they are about at the front door so the
leads can be on before the ring of the bell.  And practice having the leads on
in the house some first so that they don't associate the leads with anything,
and break any current associations before the first set up.
  sheila
Judy Mendelsohn <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am hoping all you list members can help with my problem...........we have
been remodeling the house for months, and it has been very hot in Arizona, so
we have left the dogs in their crates in the house so they could be in air
conditioning......After running to the door and barking ....and then being put
in crates, they have decided this is what they are supposed to do.....So now my
big brave GSD's bark and run in crates.
I have tried locking the crates, but they just bank on the doors and try to
pull them open......How do I stop them from doing this new learned behavior?
any help would be appreciated
Judy
Judsohn German Shepherds
judsohngsd.@xxxxxxx
Visit our website judsohngsd.com
POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training