[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog meat OFF the menu???...think about it

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:32:59 -0700 (PDT)

...I just saw on my local news ( where the late great Ray Jacobs used to work,
KTVU channel 2) that many Beijing restaurants will take DOG MEAT off the menu
during the up-coming Olympic Games....the news station went on to state that
Korea did the same thing several years ago when they hosted the
Olympics.......well Gods knows I don't believe that humans should eat
dogs....but that's MY cultural belief...the second largest country in the
world, India, there is a large population of folks who do not eat cows...so
should the Beijing restaurants also take beef off the menu?...when we had the
winter games in Utah I doubt seriously that the restaurants there took anything
off the menu...what's my point?....well I get an uneasy feeling when one
culture tries to impose THEIR culture on everyone else...when you go to China
or Korea, they eat dog meat, when you come here we eat beef...if China and
Korea are wrong...then so are we.......the smartest "being" on the planet sure
does
 well making a mess of things.......two weeks and back to school!...Ed Hill