[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog fights

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:58:00 -0700

It's amazing to hear all of the different stories with dogs getting in to it
with each other. It happens with all animals. Some are just simple arguments
that are handled respectfully by the animals themselves, or fights that can
be extremely serious situations. I'm sure you've noticed that human nature
in many ways do the same as animals when fighting. What does that mean? Is
it only about the strongest and the luckiest that survive? Kathy
www.JoKaySedona.com

Msg: #1 in digest
Subject: Dog fights
From: Anja Heibloem-Stroud <anja_heibloem-stroud@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:41:21 -0700

The last two dog fights I used a shovel over the head of the aggressor.
One was at a customers house when her pit bull got out of the house and a
stray pit bull in the yard decided to kill one another. Doggy mace does not
work, neither did water from the hose. Hell I even blew propane at them and
they weren't quitting. Finally beat them into submission. Sorry to say I'm
not a fan of put bulls.
Another was two of my own males. I screwed up and both got loose. The
aggressor had the other one by the throat and not letting go. Even dumped
them off the deck. Shovel saved the one on the bottom and once I had them
separate I ordered the one into the house and the other into the kennel.
Found a home for the aggressive one. Anja

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:58:30 -0600 (MDT)
From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dog fights

I just had a dog fight yesterday, or should I say they had an argument.  The
aggressor found a kennel hatch unlocked and slipped through into the run
where our other male was.  I heard the commotion and came flying out of the
house.  Luckily the aggressor is totally focused on me and came whipping
into the kennel when I entered, showing a slashed lower eyelid which wasn't
as bad as it looked.  Off to the vet for a $325. couple of stitches and
meds.  The other dog was only bruised with a bit of swelling around his
face.

I've broken up fights before but was with another handler who also knew and
used the same technique and we both went for our dog's hind legs lifting
them off the ground, arse in the air.  Dogs need their hind legs to fight,
and I remember flipping over backwards and rolling into the middle of 12th
Avenue in Vancouver, dog on my chest.  It works, but you have to be quick
and strong.

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand

http://showgsd.org/mail.html