[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog breeding in these times

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blackhawkfarms214 <blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx>, Showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:28:40 -0800

What people don’t understand, is this has been the regulations for many years
now.  They just went in and redefined, tightened up, moved it up in importance.

When I got involved (way back in the early 90’s) the regulations were that you
could breed domestic small animals for breeding purposes, working, herding,
etc.  But if you were breeding for pets, even then, you could only avoid
licensing if you had THREE or less breeding animals.

People just ignored it.  The internet came.  Animal rights people became more
vocal and rabid.  and Congress members started writing laws that scared us.
Remember PAWS, PUPS, PUPS 2 and 3?

These regulations that had public comments (people didn’t hear the yells to
comment), and the regs were published and promulgated.

We’re not finished.  AKC and NAIA and others pushed some Congress members to
write some relaxation of the regs in last year’s Farm Bill.  We’re waiting to
see how APHIS will handle that. Hopefully, the amendments to the regulations
will get out sooner than later.

Storm