[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog Shows NOW- vs."The good ole days"

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:38:56 -0800

We just drove for almost 10 hrs. from N. Calif. to S. Calif.  for ONE SHOW!
We were entered in both....but due to a judge change we could not show on
Saturday according to the
"4 month rule"  for our handler,  so we could only show under one Judge.
Good Judges both days but
with one being a Judge we could not show under...... that limited us to a long
drive for one show.
Had there been a Cluster of shows we could have had more choices when things
change to make
a long trip with more options.    I am hoping that "cluster shows" become the
NORM soon.....
It will free up more weekends....make ONE trip more feasible than 2 or 3 long
trips,  and give us more
choices when there are changes.    I hope all the Specialty Clubs across the
Country and All Breed
Clubs begin  to work together on this issue.    It is a tiring weekend for
everyone,  but it's still better
than TWO to FOUR  weekends for the same number of shows and a lot of time & gas
up and down
the highways.
The German Shepherd Dog Club of Sacramento Valley will be hosting the Mid
Pacific Futurity on
Friday March 28th,  and TWO Specialty Shows on Saturday March 29th including
Rally & Obedience
and Jr. Showmanship.
The Reno GSDC will host TWO Specialty Shows on Sunday March 30th....all in the
same location in
Carmichael Park, Carmichael Calif. near the foothills of Northern California.
( Sacramento area )
HMMmmmmnn.....
FOUR shows and one Futurity all on the same weekend and the same location!!
What a concept!!
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com