[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Show Clothing Drive - RENO

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 19:48:05 -0500

There are evacuees being placed all over the state.  Every day more people
come streaming in.  The nursing home I work in has had several calls to take
in displaced elderly.  We are picking up several people tomorrow.  We have
no idea what they will have with them, if anything other than the clothes on
their backs.  There are also shelters here in Eunice as well as the
surrounding smaller towns.  If anyone would like to ship care packages to
me, I would be happy to deliver them to those in need.  From what I am
hearing needs are as follows:

monetary donations
blankets
pillows
toiletries
toys/games
diapers
reading material

So far they are saying they are fine on food and clothing.  I will keep the
list updated as needs change.  These folks will be with us quite a long
time.

Debbi Ardoin
161 Dan Drive
Eunice, LA  70535