[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Runs

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: mlgray@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dirt/soil that's there. Then 2 inches of gravel . ( coarse rock so liquid will
run through. ) Then I put a good 6 inches of shavings on top of that. I dump
and exchange the the shavings every 8 months or so.
Alot of the shavings gets tossed when I scoop urine and poop. We roto-tillered
the run this year, after 3 years of it being there. ( probably should have done
it after 2 years. )

In 2 days we are giving one side of the yard to the dogs. Almost 1/4 acre.

It is sooooo much fun to watch them ripping around in new shavings!! Ohhhh boy,
we got fun now!!

Bleach is sprayed/spritzed liberally on before every new addition of stuff.
About bleach 1 to 5 parts water.

So far so good! And I have alot of dogs coming through!

Colleen Donnelly

  ?Do your little bit of good where you are; it?s those little bits of good put
together that overwhelm the world.?~~Archbishop Desmond Tutu  "All that is
necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good people do nothing."~~Edmund
Burke