[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog Promotion if you got em

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:10:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/07 12:30:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
helen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm glad that Judge Evan's compliments of other people's dogs slip under the
wire of criticism by promotion, because I too enjoy the on site show
reporting.  Speaking of that, congrats to Evan and Teddi for their 5 pt.  major
reserve on their new bitch.  Evan, do not lose any more weight,  please!  I
will
have to come over and peel grapes for  you.

I guess I have to respond to this situation, and I have been avoiding  it.

It is no secret that I am proud to call Helen a friend. It is not a recent
thing, but I won't embarrass her by saying how many years it has been that
way.  Helen does say it the way she believes it, and when she tells me  about a
dog she likes, or has seen, I am pleased to get her opinion. She has, at  times
gone public with her feelings, and for that I admire her.

I know there are some who want to attack others, and at times me as well. I
guess they have the right to do that, and they will and do include Helen at
times. She, in turn responds the same way.

We need to understand that some of us are so passionate about this breed
that we want to share with others our opinions. Maybe it is true that no one
asked us, but that is the way we are. I know I tend to effuse at times over
dogs
or bitches, and maybe that is wrong. I also know that it is something I
should  be more careful about.

I remember telling a good friend of mine to never show a certain dog under
me, I would never touch that dog in the ring as a judge. He went ahead and
showed, and I ended up giving him points.  It was my mistake to make that
commitment, and it was wrong.  As a judge we are not supposed to applaud  for
dogs
either. But when Show Off finished on Sunday I let out a yell.  I  couldn't
help it.

Helen should be cut some slack, and understood as a person of strong
feelings.  She seldom does compliment a dog, and does so only in  honesty, and
with
passion. Maybe we need more of that, and a bit of tolerance as  well. Or maybe
we should continue to attack when given an opening. Either way,  keep on
posting, otherwise how will we know what you think?

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/