[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog People/dog crazy

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 01:43:42 -0400

Boy does that sound familiar!  I did the exact same thing, LOL!  I was
always bringing some sort of dog home, much to my mother's dismay.  My
mother has NEVER been a dog (or even animal) person. I had, growing up a
wide assortment of mutts, a Min-Pin, a Lab, a Wolf-hybrid (and her 11
puppies) and an Australian Shepherd.

When I was in the 7th grade and living with my step-father we got a German
Shepherd.  She was everything, temperamentally speaking, a GSD should NOT
be.  Extremely aggressive with anyone that was not a member of the household
when she became a member of it (at 5 weeks old!) she bit several people over
the years.  She almost died of distemper at 8 months old. We had to treat
her at home because she would bite anyone at the vets office.  In spite of
all that, she was probably the most intelligent dog I have ever known, and
sold me on the breed.  Though it was many years before I was in a position
to get a GSD of my own, I will never be without at least one now.

I have been hooked (or addicted, depending on your point of view) on dog
shows since the first time I walked in the ring over 30 years ago. Even when
I haven't had a dog to show, I still go to the shows!

So who remembers the first time you were in the ring?

Ginger Cleary, Rome, GA
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the
most oppressive. C.S.Lewis
www.rihadin.com
My Ebay site
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ginny2003>

tsaligsds wrote:

I was dog crazy from an early age!!  As I put it on my website ".......  and
anything else that would follow me home, kicking and screaming at the end of
a long rope! I?d just say, ?Look what followed me home? and being an only
daughter in a house full of boys, well ?. You know the rest! "