[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog People

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:35:45 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:11 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog People

  I believe
> that most of us long-time dog people were "dog people" from an early age.
We
> were just waiting to stumble on to the show world.  I know dogs were
important
> to me before I could walk.  > Helen

It was the same for me. I have a photo of myself in my bedroom on the wall
with a grouping of other favorite photo's.
As I was growing up, my parents knew I loved dogs . They took a photo of me,
probably between 10-12 months of age with my arms around a dog. There are
many photo's following that first one as a toddler who could barely walk
with a dog in my arms, at my feet, on my lap,beside me etc.

I remember the pain of losing one dog when I was pre-school. This was
probably the first time I experienced a loss. I insisted my parent bury "
Brownie" and that they help me make a wooden marker for his grave with his
name on it. They did.

I am grateful to them, that I was allowed to have dogs in my life which has
led to a lifetime of fulfillment.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA