[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog Foods

  • From: "fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 18:39:16 -0400

Hi;

Carolyn, I remember Kennel Ration and they made a Kibble that I feed in the
late 70's. Mostly all my dogs where feed good old Purina Dog Chow. They were
health, nice coats, good stools. My one GSD that lived to 16 and ahalf was
raised on Chow and in later years Science Diet.

I also feed Blue Seal in the 90's, which was recommend to use by Fred Olson
when we brought our Red Rock's Bird of Prey home.

Had great coats, stools, healthy dogs but was a pain to get as we had to buy at
the Feed Store and since it was a trip would load up the van so we did not have
to make the trip that often and they where nice enough to leave it as for us,
as they were closed by the time we got home from work. That was when we
switched to Kirkland and I have been very pleased with the food, the dogs that
have been totally raised on it are in the double digit numbers and have always
been health, but the recalls on food are so scary you just don't know what to
do.

Cathy
Kelstar

fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx