[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog Food Again.....

  • From: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 22:32:35 -0400 (EDT)

I feed three kind of foods, Purina, Taste of the Wild, and Bil-Jac, all
good foods from different makers.  Some for needs of the dog and some for
exactly this situation.   Most the dogs are on at least two of  these.
I spoke to my local Taste of the Wild dealer.  He said ours comes from  the
Missouri plant so no problemo.  That you must look up the states to  which
each plant distributes.  He also told me the SC plant was closed  for one
week and that the illnesses were to humans not dogs.  Wash your  hands!
He also said that company is going to open a plant in California which
boggles my mind.  Why would they possibly want to come to such an  unfriendly
to business state as ours?  I suggested Nevada or Arizona or  Utah for a
western plant.
Lissa

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 22:32:44 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Dog Food  Again.....
I have decided that after thinking about this recall situation  with the
dog foods..........I am going back to feeding the Diamond Natural  Chicken And
Rice........my dogs were fine on it. The only affected food came  from
North Carolina. Tell you what....I for one cannot afford to feed the Pro  Plan
at $38.99 for 33 pounds.......that is just ridiculous......I really do not
know how they even sell their food at that price.........I get Diamond for
$24.99 for 40 pounds. I just opened up the last bag of Pro Plan Sensitive
Skin  And Stomach.....it is a really good food......I really wish that Nestle
Purina  would lower their dog food prices!!!

Amy Greenhut