[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog Caretakers

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:13:17 -0500

    It costs me $75 a day for a dog sitter...you can see why I don't get
to go to shows just for fun too often.  The alternative is to have no
dogs...that is not acceptable.  I'd rather stay home.
    For the all breed shows I judge,usually I fly...can't take the dogs
anyway.  I pay the dog sitter out of my judging fee...(clubs don't pay
separately for dog sitters) sometimes that means I'm working one day for
free...for GSD specialties, which pay expenses only and no fee, I am out
of pocket the minute I leave home--luckily, other breed specialties pay
fees..........otherwise I couldn't do them.
    Peggy