[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Does anyone really care?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arcturusgermanshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, "'The list'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:10:13 -0700

YEP!!   A LOT OF US CARE!!   YOU deciding we don't does not
make it a true fact.   You're pretty judgmental towards people
you have not even met...and you know nothing about our breedings
nor our dogs.  Sounds like you do not show in the conformation
ring...and don't like Standard conformation dogs anyway.
Are you sure YOU care??
Personally I believe conformation people have as many happy loving
pet owners as anyone, and we VALUE those homes and most come back
to visit us and show us how wonderful their pet is!!   Most of
my sales now are repeat buyers.
Why don't you take the  time to meet all of us and our dogs...and
THEN give us the list of all the 'ailments' they seem to have
that UKC dogs and whites and long coats don't.  KNOW us all first!
WE really would like you to point out these problems we apparently
have that we don't care about??
Just because we don't bother with UKC shows...but prefer tougher
AKC competition does not mean we don't breed sound dogs. I guess
you will have to point out the "corner" we are in??
Does that mean  we must go to whites to get out?  Does that mean
we must go to "German breeders" or venues so we can get more money??
If we are not "popular" ...then I guess our dogs are OK??

We have had friends show our dogs, very talented young people and
some Pros. IF a judge won't place a dog because of the handler..we
have no interest in that judge.  OUR responsibility is to bring
a good dog...not an AKC SHOW DOG THAT IS "A MESS"!?
We have no vast income, we are not "well heeled"  and STILL DON'T
see how ANY of these Standard Revisions is for the betterment or
improvement of the German Shepherd Dog itself??
Perhaps you can tell us??

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com