[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Does anyone really care?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: arcturusgermanshepherds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 20:18:22 -0400 (EDT)

Um, the UKC changed the GSD breed standard because they (UKC) do not want the
AKC show GSDs competing and being bred who are over-done, or who have weak
pasterns or hocks, or bad feet.  UKC is against the sloping topline, and steep
croups.

My white boy has won over several AKC champions, in the UKC ring.

BTW - my puppy buyers want a pet, not a show dog, and they could care less if
white is ever back in the AKC show ring.  I do not EVER advertise, or claim
white is rare.

And, even some AWSA members breed white to colored dogs.   And, UKC White
Shepherds are bred to UKC German Shepherds!   The UKC still allows pups from
these crossings to register as UKC German Shepherds.

There are TWO (2) clubs against breed separation, and ONE (1) club for it.  The
founding AWSA members broke off from the WGSDCI, when the WGSDCI members voted
against breed separation.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd