[ SHOWGSD-L ] Does anyone have a bitch pup seeking a home?

  • From: Katie Halfen <kthalfen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:28:08 -0500

I was contacted by these people about a puppy.  I just want to give everyone a
little more information that caused a few red flags for me before the people
get savy on what to tell breeders.  The family is from Attleboro, MA and have 4
kids, the gate was accidentally left open and both dogs left the yard.  The
male returned, but the female was in heat and did not return.  They found her
remains a week later near the train tracks and guessed she had been hit by a
train several days earlier.  They also lost an older female shepherd a year ago
who is the mother to the older male they have.  I don't know if they were
intending to breed the pup that died or what the intentions are for a new pup.
The two questions that I asked of them were-1.  Who did you get the first pup
from and why are you not contacting the original breeder to get another puppy?
and 2.  What are you planning to do to prevent this from happening to a future
dog/pup?   I didn't even get into the breeding questions with them, I found out
later that they had bred the older dog and that was where the male came from.
Good luck to anyone that they contact,

Katie Halfen DVM
Casamoko Shepherds
www.casamoko.com