[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Do you and your dog share chemistry?

  • From: Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

Absolutely!  My little girl Mirage and I click.  We are two peas in a pod.  No
offense to my boy, I love him to death, I even swear sometimes that he's
another dog I had reincarnated, but there's something I cannot explain about my
girl.  Then again, most who meet her are in love with her.  Maybe I should
rename her to Marilyn or something, lol.  I've had many dogs in my lifetime,
but she seems to be the "one" dog that people say you'll be lucky to have 1 or
2 of in your time here.

  Tina
  Illusion GSDs
  Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:33:01 -0400
From: Barbara Galasso
Subject: Do you and your dog share chemistry?

I most definitely have chemistry with some of my dogs more
than others. How about you.........do you and your dog share
chemistry? Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Nancy Harper"
Subject: OFA & Stud Dog Brags
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:40:15 -0400

After months of cringing at the thought of putting 'Danny Boy of Heinerburg'
under heavy anesthesia to finally get really good films & procrastinating to
the very end, we finally bit the bullet and did the unthinkable. We put Danny
in the capable hands of Dr. Jan Hines. I have never seen a dog that could move
and resist being on his back and time the struggle just when the picture was
snapped.!! After being told for the second time that the films were just not
good enough we took the risk. I arrived home from the Board Meeting to find
Danny's OFA Certificates/ Canadian Select, American Ch O' Danny Boy of
Heinerburg, ROM is now also OFA GS 76819F63M -PI Hips and GS EL20759M63-PI
Elbows. Our thanks to Dr. Hines.
And because Kris Fasano has been "no mail" for several weeks we will brag on
Kris and Frank's Danny Daughter out of their beautiful Ch Winsome's Beartiney
Spears . Winsome's Desbearate Housewife was Best In Maturity at the Midwest
Futurity - thank you Kathy Potter for your nice comments.
Nancy and Ron @ Heinerburg Shepherds

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "Paula Cooke"

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:36:47 GMT
Subject: Re: Just an idea...

Why? What good would that do? Per our By-Laws, the Annual Meeting =

agenda is published in advance, yet, our president chose to ignore it =

and presented the Purina Infomercial, out of order, at the last =

Annual Meeting. He had a captive audience from all over the Country. =

Was worth a lot to Purina's advertising budget, don't you think? =

Paula, 76 days and counting

From: "Terry Reed"
Subject: Just an idea...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:18:30 -0400

Forgive me if this is already being done, I certainly don't know of =

it.
I think that the agenda for each Board Meeting should be published to =

the =

membership at least a week before the meeting is to be held. This =

could be =

done via email for those with that capability and on the parent club =

web =

site. Board members attend these meetings on behalf of the =

membership, and =

on some occassions I am sure that subjects arise and decissions made =

where =

some Board members do not feel like they have a true pulse of how the =

membership feels. By publishing the agenda the membership would =

have the =

opportunity to contact their Board members to express their concerns =

and on =

many occassions, their expertise, on specific upcomming topics. =

Quite often =

what happens now is that we go through a lot of bandaids to try to =

stop the =

bleeding and heal the wounds. It will also help to curb the =

innuendos and =

"leaking" of selected pieces of information.
They publish the agenda for the School Board so the public knows what =

is =

being discussed.... I don't see why it shouldn't happen for the GSDCA.
Just a thought,
Terry
Touchstone German Shepherds
www.touchstonegsd.esmartweb.com =