[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Do we have a double standard?

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anja_heibloem-stroud@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:46:30 -0800

More of my point.  We hold dogs is high esteem, as we should.  As we should any
animal.  Treat them all humanely, cherish all animals.  Many of the lists and
pages to which I subscribe are horse, goat, cattle for consumption pages and
lists.  We are in a culture that raises some animals above others.  Not wrong,
not right, just … is.  But to attempt to put our personal beliefs on others
because of OUR personal beliefs is the same as telling people what to eat and
in what belief system to follow.   This started because a very rich man decided
the owner of HIS breed should not have the right to sell off her dogs in a
manner that was legal.

Stormy

> On Jan 30, 2015, at 8:35 PM, Anja Heibloem-Stroud
> <anja_heibloem-stroud@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I've been to many auctions, bought a few, sold a few horses, mules, goats,
> sheep and fowl at all of them. I have not been to a dog auction and I don't
> think I've ever heard of cats being auctioned off. I'm not interested in
> sending my dogs to auction but I do know that at some high priced livestock
> and stock horse auctions they will also included working dogs. They bring
> high prices because usually they've worked stock all weekend and impressed
> everyone with their ability. So is this wrong? Why is it different than
> selling a high priced stock horse, a top bull? So a breeder holds a dispersal
> sale of half their stock, it sells if it is worth buying. Does it matter what
> it is? Why?  Anja

Stormy V. Hope