[ SHOWGSD-L ] Do we ask enough of our Grand Victors

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'The List'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:10:20 -0700

I am from the school that would love to see a team of 5 judges select the GV
and Selects.
I would love to see a special show given by our PC to be entered only by
Champions and the 5 judges selected by the membership, give points for each
dog...like the Olympics.

The judges would vote independently of each other and the dogs with the top
number of points...would garner the top titles....I've been thinking this
for 40 years....oh well.

Helen Franklin

Helen might be right there.

If I remember correctly, the Sieger show always has more than one Judge
judging a sequence of a show. This appeals to me. Just like it was said: It
is the judge of the day who will determine the Best of Breed - and that's
it. You will have to live with his/her decision on that day, period. That is
quite an undertaking and so much to be considered, not to take anything away
from said judge. It does not necessarily have to be  5 judges, but
definitely more than one should judge your/our dogs. This way, with points
being tallied (medical as well as performance being considered) should give
a clear picture of the dog in general and nobody could go home saying that
the winner did not deserve it's win. It would be worth thinking about.

Lee F.