[ SHOWGSD-L ] Do it right the first time

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 11:51:13 EDT

ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jeddie's situation happened after she made the cut from a  large  (11-15)
Maturity class that had already been worked hard, temperament tested,  etc.
Leaving 5, in my opinion was just plain stupid.  Why not 6 or  7?

One of the things that I have always thought a mistake, is to go back and
recheck temperament. If the dog passed in the judges opinion, that should be
it.  At times I have gone back and check briefly the entire class to see if
I got it  wrong on one dog or another.  But, that is a mistake on my part.

Do the temperament test. If you have a doubt don't place the dog. If you do
 it again, you now have two results, and have to pick one.  Not my idea of
smart judging.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together