[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Do dogs have memories?

  • From: SallyHH31@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:53:46 EST

Barb,
Yes I am very sure that dogs have memories. I volunteer at Guide Dogs For
The Blind and a while back we dropped a very nice German Shepherd from the
program. Well the raiser always has first choice to take the dog back. This
dogs
raiser told us she would take her to a friend. Well I was there the day the
raiser came to pick her up. This dog had not seen her raiser for about a year.
When they brought the GS into the room where we were waiting with her raiser
the  dog saw the lady and crawled all the way to her crying like Shepherds can
do and  crawled all around her crying. The lady never gave her to her friend
because she  told me later. After the way the dog carried on when she saw her
that she  couldn't bear to give her away. So I know without a doubt that dogs
have  memories.
               SallyHH