[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Disenfranchised?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:15:45 -0500 (EST)

That's it!!  I want the Review in Spanish!!

* Ileana  *
Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back,
it simply means that  you are two steps ahead

In a message dated 2/19/2012 7:34:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We don't  publish the Review in Braille, Spanish, or  German. What about
those  members? Aren't they disenfranchised as well?
I'm all for inclusion, don't  get me wrong. I'm just saying for 99% of our
membership, (there are always  exclusions) if someone really wants the
information, if it is THAT  important to them, they will find a way to get
it.
Cyndy

From: "Cyndy  Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>,  <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Disenfranchised?
Date: Sun, 19  Feb 2012 10:42:28 -0600

I'm sorry, but I tire of hearing that people  who do not use email are
disenfranchised. Computer communications have been  a fact of life for 15
years now and, at this point, it's a personal option  to not use email, not
hardship.
Even those who cannot afford a  computer or phone can access computers at
their local library. There are  plenty of free classes and individuals out
there willing to teach someone  to use email and a browser. In fact, I will
venture to say if you know  someone in the parent club who is not tech savvy
but willing to learn, I  will find resources in their area to show them how
to set up and check and  read email. :)

I don't buy the disenfranchisement argument.  Sorry.
Cyndy