[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Disease Sharing information

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:21:41 -0800

While we talk of the 'diseases' in our wonderful dogs.........we need to be
aware
of a disease some of the people in our sport come down with.
Oddly.......it is more deadly to other people for the destruction it causes
them, than the
actual carrier of the disease.
It is called 'SDS'.........the dreaded  'stud dog syndrome.'...because it does
not seem to
affect the bitches so much.     Those affected seem to  love to hear bad things
about
some else's stud dog.......and any little hint or inuendo blows up into
something major
until it causes pain to the owner of another stud dog.............<G>
When your dog goes U.S. Grand Victor the disease seems to become more intense.
Research is looking at some genetic link to "green eyed" monsters.
<G>
Often the cure or at least some relief of the pain seems to have to do with
finding honest
friends and people who truly love the Breed........no matter who
wins........and
there is nothing wrong with THAT!!   <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
Don't  believe everything you hear. Sometimes is just BS. Sometimes is
jealousy. Sometimes in competition.

The first time I ran into this was with Dragonslayer. That was in the early
80s.
I heard he died at least three times while he was still alive.

I don't know why people feel the need to say these things, but I also heard
that
O'Connor tortioned. He too was operated on because he ate his food off the
gravel and loaded up with stones.

It is always best to ask. I agree that we have little problem with dishonest
breeders.
When you are dealing with people like Liz, Twyla, Tedi, Dave  Coleman or Jack
Newton,
when you ask Carolyn or Bud, you get honest  responses.  We all ask, and get
the
answers we need.

If you find people lie to you about their dogs, talk to different  people.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together