[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Discussion topics

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:07:10 -0400

In the olden days I would shop youngster horses at thoroughbred farms for
hunter competition prospects.
We knew the distance and/or grass horses were usually the better shot at
it. But there was the exception where a short distance speed horse did
well. Height of a dog has a certain utility of purpose. There is always that
exception and it should be an exception.

When people preach that the standard is the end all be all on a minor fault
then want to change that standard on a whim not sound reasoning for
another minor fault stated in the standard, I have to wonder what that
standard
is worth?
Lissa

In a message dated 6/29/2015 12:21:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rchesnut70518@xxxxxxx writes:

Good question. That would depend on the sport. For example: Professional
Dancer are usually smaller (shorter). Long distance runners are usually
tall and lean. Sprinter, not so much. We all know about Basketball.
Football: Depends on the position played. Even in todays sports, form
usually
follows function. There are definitely exceptions to all of the above.
Joe Bahari had a male that was very large (way past the standard), but had
the coordination not to be believed.

Randy Chesnut