[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Discussion on size/ wickets

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx, rchesnut70518@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 12:06:18 -0400

The German Shepherd cannot be measured in the ring. Only breeds with height
DQs are allowed to be measured. Same with weight DQs only dogs with that
in their standard can be weighed.
Lee Brown
_lebrowngsd@aol.com_ (mailto:lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx)

In a message dated 6/30/2015 9:36:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Highly possible a judge might do that.......But...
It is also possible they actually find something else we cannot see in
the 'standard' dog even though correct in size?
I know we had a male one inch over the 26" Standard penalized for his
size by one judge. Our dog went on to
Am. Can. Select and herding titles and ROM. The winning dog that day
took a long time to finish.
I personally would hate to see our Breed ruled by a wicket. I prefer we
trust our GSD judges and allow a Judge to
interpret the Standard according to what they deem important.....and we
opt to show under that judge or not.
Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com