[ SHOWGSD-L ] {Disarmed} Re: [gsdshowlist] Cedar Shavings

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CARALAND@xxxxxxx, gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rocknolgsd@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 9 Mar 2008 11:18:02 -0400

Years ago I read an article in Dog World about cedar shavings.  The oils on the
shavings can cause liver damage.  Jackie Rayner, who bred and showed toys for
many years, tells me cedar shavings will kill toy puppies.

I use pine shavings and have for years.  I wouldn't hesitate to mix some cedar
in with the pine for my adults but would be very hesitant about using cedar
shavings for puppies.  I never put my puppies on shavings, though, until they
are weaned from their dam.  I don't want my bitches eating shavings when they
clean up after their puppies.

Laurie

>>> <CARALAND@xxxxxxx> 3/8/2008 8:24 PM >>>

Cedar shavings are good for flea control but some dogs are allergic to them.
Jack

In a message dated 3/8/2008 3:40:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Rocknolgsd@xxxxxxx writes:

Quite some time ago I recall a discussion about the use of cedar shavings.
It seemed that there were both positive and negative comments about their
use.
Dave has a source for getting some free shavings, so would appreciate
hearing what anyone's experiences have been using them in sleeping areas.

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Calendar
*****  Visit our website at:  www.gsdshowlist.org  *****

The Gsdshowlist is a private forum and all email posted to this list should be
treated as private email.  Do not forward list posts or quotes from a list
post, to any person who is not a list member, without the author's permission.

The gsdshowlist is not a moderated list. Comments posted to the gsdshowlist are
that of the author of the emails, and do not represent the opinions or beliefs
of the gsdshowlist, its owners, or its members.

<*>Send all posts regarding GSD RESCUE to Rescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To temporarily stop list mail send a blank email to:
   gsdshowlist-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart list mail send a blank email to:
   gsdshowlist-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart in digest, or to change to digest mode send to:
   gsdshowlist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having trouble doing mail settings?  We can do the settings for you.
Feel free to contact a list administrator for help.

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group
Moderator Central
An online resource
for moderators
of Yahoo! Groups.