[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dirty Tennis balls

  • From: curdie35@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:14:21 +0000

Hi List,
Maybe everyone out there already knows this - but I think this is "nifty".
Those poor mud coated tennis balls that our dear GSD's love so much and want to
bring into the house can have more than one life!  This will only work with the
GOOD brands - not the $.99 ones.  I rinse the offending orb under the tap and
then place it on the top shelf of the dishwasher.  I usually do this in with
the pots and pans - not the fine china!  I run the dishwasher through the wash
with regular dishwasher detergent, through the rinse and through the drying
cycle.  They come out almost as good as new for another run in the yard.
Better than throwing them away.
One of my girls has figured out the dishwasher trick and will sit watching the
dishwasher door until I open it and give her a clean ball.  Not too VERY
spoiled? LOL
Jody from Midvale